WiN UK developed an Industry Charter to help organisations focus on the activity that can improve diversity and gender balance.
Over 60 organisations have already signed up to WiN UK’s Industry Charter.
As a signatory, each organisation commits to:
- Recognising the need to promote a balanced view of the nuclear sector in order to attract more women to choose a career in the nuclear sector.
- Reviewing and removing potential barriers for women and under-represented groups’ entry into their company.
- Addressing unequal gender representation across the traditional occupational groups employed within their company.
- Providing clear career pathways accessible to all.
- Increasing transparency of opportunities for development and progression, to support the retention and career progression of women and other under-represented groups in their company.
- Recognising the imbalance in numbers between men and women in the nuclear sector in senior leadership positions and working to ensure that there is equal opportunity to reach these positions for both genders within their company.
- Educating leaders within their organisation and holding them and their teams to account for inclusivity, recognising and challenging bias and sexism.
- Reviewing their policies and procedures with respect to gender equality and inclusivity and providing the tools and techniques necessary to achieve this.
- Creating opportunities for networking, exchange of ideas, and mentoring and coaching in support of the aims of WiN UK to support women and other under-represented groups reach their full potential in their company.
- Reviewing their company’s diversity statistics to assess the imbalance, identify ways to address the issues, and to implement and monitor progress.
Download and sign up to WiN UK’s Industry Charter